Importance of Pets Wearing Tags
According to recent studies, only one in three pets wear identification tags regularly. With this in mind, 60 percent of animals in the shelter system are there as strays, and among these, only 15 to 20 percent of dogs and two percent of felines are reclaimed.
The correlation between ID tags, animals picked up and placed into the shelter system, and the low reunification rate between pet and owner is undeniable. So would these numbers improve if all dogs and cats wore ID tags all the time?
We may never know the exact answer to that question, but what this study has shown us is that the importance of pets wearing tags is crucial.
The Importance of Dogs and Cats Wearing Tags
- Aside from the obvious if Fido or Fluffy gets lost, ID tags will provide the information a person needs to reunite you with your beloved fur baby.
- ID tags will also serve to get your pets home in case of a natural disaster. Whether your pet bolted when the disaster struck, or you had to evacuate and leave them behind, proper identification will increase the likelihood that you will get your animal back.
- If you allow your feline friend outside and she roams into another person’s yard, ID tags will also alert the neighbor that your cat is not a stray.
What Information Should Be on an ID Tag?
- The most important information that should appear on your pet’s ID tag is your pet’s name, your telephone, and the city you reside in. Some folks include an address if there is room on the tag, and they don’t mind having that information “out there.”
- If your pet is microchipped, use a separate tag with the microchip company’s name and the phone number.
- Among these tags, you should also include your pet’s rabies tag as proof that he is up to date on his vaccinations. The number on the rabies tag can also serve as a way to locate you if your fur buddy becomes lost.
Pet ID IS Important! Don’t be the one out of three pet parents that don’t ID their pet with a tag. If Fido or Fluffy escapes your yard or grasp, your chances of getting him or her home safely greatly increases with the proper identification hanging around his or her neck.
Get your pet’s ID tag today!
View Peppy Collection Club Personalize ID Tag https://urlzs.com/1TAFQ
Nous sommes aussi sur Bloggers * We are also on Bloggers: https://peppycollectionclub.blogspot.com/
Why Does My Cat Bury His Food?Do you have a cat that tries to bury his food?I do, and I must admit, when I first witnessed Milo exhibiting this strange behavior, I was puzzled. When he was finished eating he would proceed to scratch and scrape the floor, pulling anything over (or into) his dish. [...]
It's Bathtime! Whether you dislike the task or enjoy the time you spend with your dog & cat, bathing your pet can be quite the chore. To make this situation even worse, if you are in the first group of bathtime-groaners. You most likely won't be thrilled to hear that many veterinarians are now recommending we wash our pooches every [...]
Guide for Your Dog to Be Ready for SpringWhat does spring mean to you? If you are one of us that resides in an area that has four definite seasons, spring is a time to put away the snow shovels and grab those comfy sneakers. It's also time for us pet parents to become more [...]
Do you have a porky pooch? Dog obesity is on the rise and it's up to us as responsible pet parents to ensure our dogs stay healthy and happy.Unfortunately, it's way too easy to slip our pups some table scraps under the table or give into those pleading eyes for extra treats. However, all this [...]
Savez-vous pourquoi les chiens dorment autant? Chaque fois que vous avez le dos tourné votre chien dort? Beaucoup de gens se pose cette question mais savez-vous pourquoi il dort autant? Jetez un oeil à ces explications scientifiques ce qui cache derrière tout ce sommeil ». Le sommeil paradoxal d'un chien Nous les humains généralement dormons environ 6 à 8 heures chaque nuit, [...]
Why Do Dogs Howl? Do you have a dog that likes to howl? Pet parents may be perplexed at why their canine companion may take to this long drawn out vocal. Let's explore the reasons behind that burning question; why do dogs howl? Genetic Instinct Science has now linked our domesticated dog with the wolf. In fact, the two species do [...]
There are two types of Omega Oils; Omega-3 and Omega-6. These are very beneficial for dogs, but where and how they get them may be tricky. Read on for some tips on helping your dog get those 'good fatty acids' she needs for a healthy and long life. What Do Omega-3 and Omega-6 Do For Dogs? It's surprising [...]
Pourquoi les chiens et les chats ne peuvent pas manger du chocolat ? / Why Dogs & Cats Cannot Eat Chocolate
Pourquoi les chiens et les chats ne peuvent pas manger du chocolat ? Le chocolat nous rends heureux. Nous sentons mieux quand nous mangeons cette confection délicieux.Cependant, ce n’est pas bon pour notre pitou. Le chocolat peut être toxique. Lisez la suite pour savoir pourquoi les chiens et les chats ne peuvent pas manger du chocolat. Dans le chocolat, il y a de [...]